Although there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, the best way to prevent infection is to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze either with a tissue or by coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
If you have further questions/concerns, please visit/call the following:
Tarrant County Public Health
- Coronavirus Hotline: 817-248-6299
- Coronavirus Website: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health/disease-control—prevention/coronaviruas.html
CDC-Center for Disease Control
WHO – World Health Organization
Catalyst Health Network
- Coronavirus Hotline: 214-964-0319
- Coronavirus Website: https://www.catalysthealthnetwork.com/coronavirus